Date:
Wed, 14 Mar 2007 09:08:01 -0400
I personally mix a bit of ferretone or ferretvite once in a while in
my guys soup. I do this so they don't find it odd if I mix meds or
vitamins in there.

I keep their "soup" receipe very simple and my vet approves of what
I've created as when the 3 of them all got the flu last year, they
all gained weight while they were sick rather than losing it as most
fuzzy's do. I've tried other receipies to no avail, they all just
looked at me "like what's this slop" and walked away noses in the air
like I had insulted them.

I mix their regular kibble with a tiny bit of high quailty kitten
kibble(for a little taste differece for them, this is only added when
they are sick and need the extra vitamins and protein), some low
salt/low fat chicken broth and chicken baby food with chicken gravy. I
soak the kibble in the broth till its soft and mushy, warm it up and
add the baby food and gravy till everything is a soupy mush. My 3 here
the baby food jar open and are at my feet licking their lips cause they
know what's coming. I give them the soup mixture about 2-3 times a week
just so they are used to it and its not revolting to them if and when
they are sick. Even my cat loves the mix. When the ferrets are eating
outside their cage, the cat joins them, although I think the cat thinks
she's a ferret. My female ferret Lucifer rasied the cat from 5wks old
as she would a kit, dragging her to the food dish, stashing her in the
den or in a hammy, the poor cat is species confused, lol.

Sandy Z and
The Terrible Trio
Lucifer, Kyba and Shea
and my confused Kitty Sasha