From:
Lola Strode <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 Apr 2002 19:40:29 EST
Lisa I think listing what your ferrets have and how it was/is treated is
great.  I am owned by 9 ferrets.  Of those I have had 3 Adrenal surgeries.
Naya passed to the bridge due to hers being in her Vena Cava and I didn't
know what that meant and didn't ask the vet.  What an idiot I was.  the
other 2 Rascal and Stuart had dual Adrenal surgeries, both came out very
well and are better than ever.  They are not on any medications though
they eat duck soup at least 2 times a week.  All of mine eat duck soup
just in case, I will know they like it.

I have 1 ferret who has Insulinoma.  She eats 1 can of Hills A/D a day
and I mix 2 TBSP of Heavy Cream and 1 tsp of Jims Duck soup mix (available
at Ferret Store.com) She eats this and is doing well.  in addition she is
on .10 cc of Pediapred.  She started on .05 cc's and it has increased.
Amaretto is 9 yrs old so the vet does not believe we should do surgery.
My main thing is to make sure she drinks plenty of water, No suger, and
eats her food.  She does get ferret lax once a week.  As a treat she gets
Rosies which are dehydrated beef.  Thats about all for now.  Best wishes
to all with sick fuzzies.  Wishing all a fuzzie day.

,',',     __
       (  / \" /
        \(_  \(_

Lola and the Awesome Babies (Amaretto, Addakiss, Stuart, Rascal, Mr.
Softy, Thumbalina, Chatterbox, Marshmallow, Snowflake, Snowball, Aggy
(the new baby) & Booger (our missing baby)

Missing Naya & Hyde Our Rainbow Babies.

Thanks Kat for the Ferret above.

Hey Hey don't forget us...Pepper the dog and Jet and Patches the cats.