From:
linda soule <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Mar 2009 08:29:09 -0800
I run a shelter in N. NV and some of you now me. I don't ask for
things, but I have met some wonderful people that just got 18 ferrets
dumped on them. They have 7 of their own ferrets and love them like we
do. I am helping as much as I can. Well, the people that had the 18
were going to be evicted because of the ferrets and yes i would call
them a collector. The people that took the ferrets, the guys are
unemployed and the girls are working. I know they will sell anything
that they would have for these ferrets. The other people were going
to take them to the pound but they were told they would all be put to
sleep because they didn't have the room for them. The guy did call me
about them and I told him that I would work at getting them a place, I
am full, but he never called me back

Within the frist 36 hours a little man had a full blown seizure which
freaked them and they called me. They brought the ferret down to me
and we went to the vet. there was a bill of $120 just for the little
bit they did. I kept the ferret over night and he did awesome. But, he
is having another seizure so they are on their way down here again.
Then.......there are 3 others, all adrenal, 2 males and one little
female, but one of the males has a boulder on the tip of his tail
approx 1-1.5" wide. I know it has to weight 4-5ozs, he really doesn't
play because of the tumor.. It is the worst one I have ever seen. It
needs to come off and soon. The adrenal kids are totally naked so they
are looking at lots of money for the care of the ferret, which we all
know. Like I said their hearts are bigger than Texas and they didn't
know what they were getting into. They were told that all the ferrets
were fairly young and in good health until they got over there.

So....I am asking for help. Anyone that could donate anything towards
the surgeries of these little ones, would be so greatly appreciated.
Gift certicates to wal-mart, ferret.com, ferret depot, Drs Foster and
Smith, home depot, etc. They don't have much bedding but I am going to
give them what I have extra but a couple new sets would be awesome for
the ferrets. But mostly needed is donation for the surgeries. I know
the way the ecomony is everyone is tight but even a dollar or two would
all add up. The big hearted people don't know that I am doing this and
I want to surprise them. I actual know the guys will cry. I have such
a HUGE vet bill that I can't put it on my acct. I have given them food
that should last for a couple of weeks and I showed them how to make
soup.

Donations can be sent to me at the following address: Linda Soule 977
Pleasantview Ct Gardnerville, NV 89460

They will be going to my vet but they don't have an acctt there so I
don't want the donations lost.

Please put on the check that it is for the 18 rescues.

Thank you from the bottom of my heart and the hearts of the 18 little
ones.

Hugs to all of your babies

Linda Soule Ferrets with Soul(e) Rescue/Shelter