From:
Danee DeVore <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Sep 2002 20:35:56 EDT
It is with a very heavy heart that I am writing to report that earlier
today Maori Moonshine lost his 4 1/2 year fight with ADV.  Moonshine was
helped across the bridge when it became clear that there was no other way
to help his problems.

Moonshine was one of the most beautiful ferrets I have ever known, and
was as sweet and loving as any of the ferrets I have shared my life with.
He was my devoted companion, up to the end.  Saying good-bye was not
easy, and yet was the kindest thing I could do.

Although he had ADV, probably since birth, Moonshine was relatively
healthy until very recently.  And, in the end, it may not even be the ADV
that claimed his life.  It will be a while before we know for certain
what caused his recent and sudden decline.  Like his father, White
Russian, he has stood as a symbol - as one of the Faces of ADV.

Moonshine was loved by many.  He preferred women to men, but was always
friendly to everyone.  He was my shower buddy.

Tonight is a very sad night in our house, and I find there is little more
I can say, because the tears won't stop coming.  His is a face that will
be missed for now.  Until we meet again, my sweet lover boy.

Danee
ADV - If your ferret hasn't been tested, you don't know!
For more information visit  http://www.geocities.com/russiansmom