From:
DOOK-WOOF-DOOK <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 Feb 2006 07:42:11 -0500
Right now in the shelter, we have a nine year old.  His name is Jack.
So far, he is plugging away.  He does have issues with making it to the
potty box, like most old men, however.......he is doing great.  I keep
telling him I am going to make him a diaper!  Don't laugh, thought about
baby diapers.  That boy can poop up a cage and his cage mates in 24 hours
flat.  And his group is getting a little tired of the baths!

I have found that on the whole, most live about 6-7 years.  This is an
average from what people have told me when adoption or speaking to them.
I think most of that was due to education issues though, because they
did not know that their ferrets suffered from adrenal or low blood sugar
issues or that there was a treatment option out there.  They thought the
hairloss was from old age.

I think you will find more ferrets living longer with the advancement of
medicines and treatments for this little critters.  And I hope they come
up with a cure for these diseases.  Research is definitely needed badly!

Marguerite
Life is not how many breaths you take, but
how many times it takes your breath away...
TinyPrints Ferret Rescue PetFinder Web Page
http://www.tinyprintsontheheart.petfinder.org
TinyPrints Ferret Rescue Store
http://www.tinyprintsontheheart.com/onlinestore.htm
Aloha Ferrets Ebay Store