Date:
Fri, 1 Mar 2002 07:24:44 -0700
Dear Amanda,

First off, this is not a flame, nowhere near a flame.  I'm usually a
lurker in this group, and don't even own a lighter.  But your post
prompted me to write.

Your main problem isn't whether you have a ferret or not.  From the sounds
of it, you know that already.  If your husband and your son are going to
violent around your ferret, then you would be a good ferret mommy to find
Monte another home.  Don't feel guilty about that, if you do what's best
for your ferret.  You can only do what you can do.

It sounds like when your husband told you it was OK to get a ferret, he
was being passive-agressive, saying yes "to keep the peace", and then
making every moment with the ferret, after that, an act of war.  And
he's passing off that same kind of behaviour to your son.  Not good for
anybody... you, Monte, your son, and your husband.

There seems to be alot wrong here in your family.  I suggest you get some
counseling, because I'm sure this isn't just happening with your ferrets.
And take care of Monte however you have to... his safety is important.
Monte deserves a life.  And so do you.  And so does your son.

Best wishes to you.  Keep us posted.  My thoughts will be with you

Roary,
Albuquerque, NM