From:
Kelleen Andrews <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Oct 1995 03:46:13 -0400
Hi,
Now that Silverada has finally decided to be a playful and lovey thing I
noticed she does something real unusual in her play.  When David saw
this the other day he laughed his head off so thought it might be worth
a mention.  She getls REAL excited and likes to jump sideways but then
immediately after the jump she does a roll-a-dope.  In other words she
jumps sideways, lands, drops to the ground and completely rolls over and
then jumps up again and starts the whole thing over!  I have seen her do
this as many times as 4 in a row and you just gotta die laughing at the
site......

I mentioned a product called "Get off my garden" awhile back to put in my
plants to keep the critters away, I also spent 5 hours fitting screen door
screen over the tops and taping it all down!  Everyone thought I had done a
great job, unfortunately so did Precious for she then found the previously
ignored plants irresistable.  The Get off my whocares didn't stop her for
even a sec.  so that was one more waste of money unfortunately.  Precious
was not deterred by the screen either for she just perched herself on top
and started tearing into the screen w/all her might.  She didn't get through
but then I grabbed her up and kept her away not wanting her to hurt herself
on the stuff......  I finally found a solution though, the plants went
straight into the GARBAGE!!!!!!!!!!!  Why fight it, I have accepted that I
will never outwit my babies and I just refuse to go through the whole plant
murderer scenario again.  Rowdy was the first and only before Precious but
once is enough!  Just wish I hadn't gone to all that work and expense trying
to save them!  Should have known when it 1st started to just throw them out!
Sigh, oh well they are gone now and I don't have to go through all that
stuff anymore!

To the Mexico Guy and his 3 amigos - I am 34 as of last Monday!  Just an old
lady!!!!!!!  LOL, LOL, LOL!!!!!!

To [log in to unmask] - Meetoo and Precious were 6 weeks old when I got them
and that was about 2 1/2 mos.  ago or so and they are still not CUDDLY but
have calmed down a lot and quit the biting for the most part (Meetoo insists
on those tiny little "hurt like h-ll" bites when she plays w/my legs and
especially goes for the backs of my knees.  OUCH!!!!!!) and they will let me
hold them a short time and get and give kisses but not for long.  (I started
the bitter apple on q-tip in mouth routine again tonite to discourage this
behavior) They will not lay w/me in my lap or otherwise either.  I honestly
think it takes a LONG time for kits to outgrow this phase and slowly develpe
the lovey syndrome, just have patience and pick them up very often for loves
whether they want to or not.  They will never learn to be lovey if you don't
show them how and sometimes it just means forcing your affections on them.
As each week passes I notice they calm a little more and love a little
longer now, so hang in there and don't give up.  I think your wife?
girlfriend?  (sorry don't remember) has to accept the fact that she has to
work at getting their love and affection sometimes and that not all ferrets
are going to be big loveys.  Each has his/her own personality just like us
and some of us aren't very lovey either!  But if someone is wanting us to be
lovey they do sort of force it on US too now don't they?

Kelleen and the INSANE Animal House!!!!

F.A.N.G. - Ferret Association of Neverending Glee!