From:
"Susan R. Numerow" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 5 Feb 1995 02:11:30 -0800
        We are the proud parents of Two ferrets. Basil is a mostly sable
colored female with a white devil stripe on her head and the cutest
white kneecaps you've ever seen.  Iggy is a white (not albino) female with
silver-grey guard hairs and a spazy outlook on life.
        Both ferrets like to climb so we had screen put on all our windows
in a somewhat successful attempt to ferretproof our condo. We thought it
was so cute when the ferrets would climb up on the screen and wedge themselves
betweent he screen and the window.
        We woke up one morning to an unusually quiet house, and an unusually
restfull sleep.  Something was definately wrong!  Basil was quickly located
underneath the couch, but we couldn't find IG anywhere. After spending
an hour taking apart our fireplace because birds in the chimney sound
somewhat like a ferret..we noticed that one of the screen were missing!
3 floors down, our screen lay on the lawn, with only a poop in the middle to
 give us a clue (first you say it, then you do it!)
 We found poor Ig shaking and hiding in a bush (I can't beleive that she was
 still there) and other than being dirty and very scared, she was unharmed.
        Many screens may seem sturdy, but are quite easy to pull off if the
force is directed in the right manor. It seems that climbing them is one
such manor. I just wanted to let you all know so that you don't have to go
through  this kind of stress (we were hysterical!)

David&Susan
Basil (Bazasaurus Rex) & Iggy (The Giggler)