From:
"Woods, Kathryn STG2 (USS McFAUL)" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 8 Aug 2004 00:00:36 -0300
[Location corrected: This is near Norfolk Naval Base, in Norfolk, VA]

Good morning!

It looks like my (military) roommates will be moving out of the house
that they own (at least, that's what they're saying), but they are not
selling it; rather, they will be renting the entire thing to moi.  This
is good, because it means they'll be taking the three dogs & their cat
and leaving me with Slinky and Sophie (ferret and cat, respectively)
with a bit more breathing room.  Or possibly they'll steal my sweet
Sophie and leave me with Hellkitty--I mean, "Princess".

On the downside, though, I am a Navy person in the Norfolk, Virginia
area, which means that I am often gone.  I have a good neighbor whom I
can probably pay to feed & maintain the animals, but what I'd rather have
is a ferret-human civilian (i.e., relatively stable) human.  Actually,
human is option.  I wouldn't mind a Klingon, just as long as you don't
torture or eat the pets.

Live-in ferret sitter, you say?  Well, er, yes, sort of, except that when
I'm around, I cook & clean and take care of the ferret, or ferrets, if
my possible new roommate brings his or her own.  So if anyone knows
anyone in the Tidewater/Hampton Roads, Virginia area who's looking for a
ferret-friendly roommate, who pays bills on time and doesn't mind having
an entire house to themselves from time to time, please have them get in
touch with me?  This is all /very/ tentative, since I don't really know
what my roommates have planned, but I'd rather put the feelers out early.

The house is a Cape Cod house, 1 1/2 baths, no basement.  There's a
driveway and a fenced-in backyard and a storage shed for stuff like the
super duper mulching lawnmower.  We have a washer & dryer, and if my
roommates take them with them, I'm buying more, because I /can't live
without them/.  The house has an add-on "den" (which is where the washer
& dryer are), a decently-sized kitchen with an "island" in the middle
for cooking or eating, living room and dining room and master bedroom
downstairs, two bedrooms upstairs (including one that's supposedly
"haunted", though /I/ certainly can't sense anything).  The entire place
was just recently completely modernized, wiring-speaking (actual circuit
breakers instead of fuses!  Whee!), and there is cablemodem hookup
EVERYWHERE (the place was wired by a computer freak).

Your potential roommate is a quirky science-fiction/fantasy buff and
"sequential artist" (i.e., I like comic books) -- lots of books and
graphic novels to borrow, if you're into that stuff.  If you're a
Klingon, I actually own a copy of Hamlet in the original language.  I'm
also into history, historical-based fiction, knitting, knotwork, pen &
paper roleplaying games like Dungeons & Dragons, Call of Cthulhu, etc...,
Esperanto, and (of course) ferrets.  Please get in touch with me at
[log in to unmask] if you're in the area, looking for a place to
stay, and want more details.

 -- Kat