From:
Denise Autry <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 Jun 2004 08:08:26 -0700
I've read, and continue to read, the Harry Potter series.  Yes, I love
my ferrets dearly, and yes I was a little upset to see Buckbeak's choice
of food.  Of course, when I saw a number of them hanging on a rack, they
didn't look much like ferrets.  Yes, when Hagrid was feeding when
Buckbeak was introduced, you could tell it was a ferret.  I really didn't
see any blood to speak of, either.  It's a movie, guys and gals.  If you
don't care to read/see more of this, then you're missing out on a great
read.  I don't remember in books 4 or 5 much happening regarding
ferrets... don't remember when Malfoy's turned into one.  And I don't
remember (saw the movie on Friday) that the ferrets were ever mentioned
by name in the movie.  Might have been.  I was too caught up in enjoying
the movie.  yes, you should probably talk to your kids about it.  But
people in different places eat different things.  And you know what?
Animals eat other animals.  It happens.  Doesn't mean that I love my
ferrets any less... it just means that this isn't something to get
worked up about. :)

Dooks and dances!
Denise Autry

"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you
please." - Mark Twain

P.S.  I really like this quote by Mark Twain, but I've almost been
tempted to change it a few times recently, when i've been trying to
clarify information, or making a point... Don't take it the wrong way!!!