From:
Lynn Siegel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 Aug 2002 20:26:42 -0400
Someone was interested in knowing what has happened to the Utah kids.  I
took in 11 of them.

Smokey had Insulinoma & other terminal diseases & recently went to the
Bridge.

Tobias & Packer both also have Insulinoma but are doing pretty good.

Nutmeg just had her left adrenal gland removed & is doing great.

Miss Molly Mouse just had exploratory surgery & a huge hairball was found
in her stomach.  It was so big it filled her stomach & the vet said it
didn't have any place to go.  She had to have had it in Utah.  She also
had her left adrenal gland removed plus she was diagnosed with IBD.  She
is recovering just fine & war dancing all over again.

Pumpkin also just had exploratory surgery, no blockage was found but by
doing a biopsy of his stomach it was found that he also has IBD.  He is
still thin but full of energy, doing great & is chuckling at every step
he takes.  It is like the chuckle is attached to his legs, they move, he
chuckles.

Miss Tibby is still afraid of most of the others so she & Miss Molly
Mouse share a cage.  Smokey had been with them & now that he is gone I
am going to try to get the 2 girls back with the whole group.

Johnny is the "bully" of the group if there is one.  But they all get
along so great it is only once in awhile he gets ticked off.  He was sort
of standoffish when he first came here but has relaxed quite a bit & will
mock attack me now to get me to chase him.  At first he would nip when I
scooped him up, but now he knows we are just having fun & he isn't going
to get hurt.

Annie is a sweetheart & is constantly under my feet when the group is
out.  She is content to just being held & petted but also loves to play.

Peppersprout is another sweetheart & when she isn't picked up she will
bite my feet hard until I pick her up & love on her.

George is a big time kisser & lover & another one that is always under my
feet wanting to be picked up.

It has amazed me how they love to be held & petted & played with, & just
in general want to be around other people & me.  I have no idea how long
they were in Jan Morison's clutches but she didn't ruin them as far as
them loving & trusting people.  Or maybe they are just so damn grateful
to be away from her & her hell hole, they figure anyone is better than
her.  I hate what JM has done to all of those in her hands & what she is
still doing, but I am grateful that these 11 Utah kids found their way to
me & they are forever in my heart.

Lynn & Clan War Weasels