From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 Oct 2005 12:26:11 -0400
Wolfy, you know, I had not thought of it that way, but I guess that a
few places which object to the concept of having better regulations to
save more ferrets did have their APHIS letters read that way, but I think
there has been a lot more acting as if we FML people are stupid by such
farms in media, including here.

Do those ferret farm people really think that underestimating FML members
will cause them to not write in support of getting ferret- specific
ferret-vet-designed APHIS standards for ferrets?  Oh, well...

Heck, the countdown is in and there is only a short window left to end
years of frustration caused by avoidable deaths and damage.  Over 700
people have written so far (but half of those were people using a form
letter, all placed in one slot on the docket website).  I know there are
some people here who said they wanted to wait for the final weeks to
send in their letters, so now is the time!

To help save ferrets by supporting having ferret-vet designed fair
improvements to APHIS ferret standards send four (4) copies of a
letter to:

Docket No. 04-088-1
Regulatory Analysis and Development, PPD, APHIS, Station 3C71
4700 River Road Unit 118
Riverdale, MD 20737-1238
You must include the Docket No. 04-088-1 on your letter!

To read what has been said so far and to make an internet comment:

Go to http://www.regulations.gov/
Under the Agency popup menu, select Animal and Plant Health
Inspection Service.
In the Keyword box, enter ferret.
Click Submit.
This will bring up a list including the original Docket APHIS-2005-0063.
Click on the Docket ID in the first column to see the current list of
comments.  The last column contains an Add Comments button, which will
bring up the comment submission form.

-- Sukie (not a vet)
Ferret Health List co-moderator
FHL Archives fan