From:
Marian Wilson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 Jan 2004 16:46:29 -0800
I am posting this to the FML and CarpetSharks.  Please feel free to
crosspost.  We really need help.  We are all stumped as to what is
going on.

The beginning of December JoJo was close to 4 pounds.  He lost a little
bit of weight after we got two more ferrets but we attributed that to him
getting some exercise.  As of today, he weighs 1.9 pounds.

Friday, JoJo was up and completely normal.

Last Saturday when JoJo didn't come out of the cage with the other kids
(I let him sleep a little longer) I finally woke him up to play.  When
I sat him on the floor (after waking him enough) he acted like he was
dizzy, and started walking in circles.  He was still eating and drinking
and pooping.  We ended up taking him to one of the vet hospitals here.
The doctor ran blood work and kept him at the hospital overnight.
Glucose levels were fine.  The only thing wrong with his blood work was
that his liver values were high.  I've been told that is probably because
he hasn't been eating as much.  The X-rays came out fine too.  When that
doctor started talking about euthenizing, I pulled JoJo out of that
hospital as fast as I could.

JoJo went to Dr. Levenson the next day.  Dr. L put JoJo on Prednisone and
something to settle his stomach.  JoJo was showing progress for a little
while and he still does sometimes.

We had his urine checked today and it came out normal and the results of
the ADV test were negative (YEAH!).

He is still eating and drinking but not nearly enough.  I have begun
force feeding.  Yesterday he had bloody poops and was straining to pee.
He isn't straining as much today.

He gets up to play but he is so wobbly that he can't do much.  I even had
to hold him up so he could use his box this morning.  His head tilts and
when he stands or tries to walk, sometimes he falls.  (Mom says its his
back end that falls.)

We have pretty much ruled out some sort of head trauma, Lymphoma, and
Adrenal and stroke (the latter 3 because he's only 2 yrs).  But we can't
figure out what is going on.

Keep in mind that his spirits are VERY good.  He wants attention and he
wants to play.  He just can't.

Dr. L is planning to talk with his dr friends over the next couple of
days to see if they have any ideas, but I wanted to post and see if
ANYONE can help.  PLEASE, I'm desperate.

Please feel free to privately e-mail me or post.  ANY help is
appreciated.  Thank you in advance.

Marian, the other humans that "think" they live here, the ferts (JoJo,
Nomad, and Princess <AKA--Monkey Mine>), the kittys (Patsy, Eight,
Verbal, & Aries), and last but not least our pertiest dog Whitney

Check out my dad's website!
http://www.josephbwilson.com