From:
Karen Vance <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 Jun 1995 13:46:00 -0400
Hi!  We are giving our small dogs Program (45mg) monthly and are so far
unable to get Program for cats.  This may have been discussed a short while
ago, and I'm sorry for the redundancy, but-is there a difference?  Can I
give my cats?ferrets a 45mg dog pill?  Half of a 45mg dog pill?  One cat in
the family (a beautiful rescue blue point Himalayan) has severe flea
allergy.  Also, our old cat Domino is a flea farm.  This means it does
little or no good to treat the dogs.  Please reply, vets, maybe a quick
e-mail(I can see it now "NO") Can I give cat a 45mg dog Program, and can I
give ferrets 45mg or 22.5mg?  Thanks, Karen Vance <[log in to unmask]>

[Moderator's note: The active ingredient is the same for the cat, the dog
and the (unapproved) ferret use, but the dosage per weight is different.  I
bring up the cat and dog stuff here though to remind everyone that there
are other forums for those animal friends... we only do ferrets here :-).
Further discussions about the use of Program in species other than ferrets
is best done is those forums (e.g. canine-l, vetmed-l, feline-l, etc. BIG]