From:
Bobbi McCanse <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Oct 2000 01:02:58 -0500
On my way to pick a ferret that someone had dumped at a pet store, and that
the store wanted now to dump on me because they had an order of babies
coming in and needed the space, it occured to me that there should be a
special tax on the commercial sale of ferrets.

This tax would be used to support shelters that take in all those
second-hand ferrets that people get tired of after a year or two.  I'm
thinking that we could maybe get an ordinance through city council before
the pet stores noticed - there are advantages to being known downtown as
"that mouthy broad from the urban core".  Does anyone have anything like
that anywhere?  The tax, I mean.

Actually, the pet store in question was doing some things right.  They
had our informational brochure prominantly displayed and they were not
expecting a "shipment" but rather a couple of ferrets from Ferret Junction.
The abandoned ferret was in a big cage with lots of good food, etc.  Too
bad, they kind of took the edge off my rage stage.  Things could have
been quite interesting as I'm currently off my medication. <+;-)