From:
Roberta Ensor <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 22 Dec 2001 18:25:26 EST
A ferret was found wandering the streets in South Portland yesterday.  He
appears to be young, probably about 6 months old.  We used my son Eric's
"scratch their ears and they will yawn" trick to look at his teeth.  He
was cold wet and hungry when he was found.  The young man who found him
immediately purchased Marshal Farms ferret food for him and he wolfed it
down.

This little fellow is an absolute sweetheart and is currently being hosted
during this holiday season by Kelly Wilson of Kel's Ferrets (soon to be
Ferret Services and Rescue of Maine, as soon as the shelter inspection is
done).  He seems to have a penchant for Duck Soup and hisses when you take
his empty bowl away.  I don't think he has been lost for too long as he
still has good muscle tone, but he has been eating up a storm.

I am not posting a description based on the previous discussions on the
FML around the importance of the owner being able to accurately identify
the ferret.

I want to add a congratulations to Jim and Crystal Kennedy on getting
their shelter license.  Yeah guys, way to go!!

Roberta
Secretary,  http://www.ferretclubofmaine.org