From:
Melissa Litwicki <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 Jul 1997 16:00:23 -0400
In the ferret room, I used to have a 3' tall wastebasket that was nominally
ferret-proof.  I used it to toss dirty litter into, soiled newspaper, etc.
However, one weekend, Noodle learned how to jump up into it, so out of the
room it went.

Well, whenever I brought it back into the room to use in cleaning the
litterbox, bounce, into the trashcan went Noodle.  Why?  I mean, it's only
got ferret poop in it.  Who knows?  Anyway, I made it easier by putting the
trashcan between the futon and the cage that I was cleaning.  Jumping from
the futon to the rim of the can - noooo problem.  Swish!  Nothin' but net.

One day, I looked over when I heard the characteristic *thump* of ferret
butt on plastic, and automatically I reached up to remove Noodle from the
trash.  But lo, and behold!  This time it was EASEL the three-legged weasel
(missing right hind leg)!  I set her back on the futon and cleverly watched
as she coiled herself up and SPROINGED into the trash can again.  Wow!  The
gimp weasel can jump!

Since she learned how to jump (one can only imagine she learned it from
watching Noodle), she's impossible to keep down.  She jumps from the futon
to the top of the cat carrier, she jumps from one box to another box, she
jumps into the trash can.  It's pretty neat, actually, because she can jump
pretty far - farther than some ferrets - with just one leg and a stump to
propel her.  She's also the best climber I have (go figure).

Anyway, Tracy, bill & diane - thought you in particular would like to hear
about Easel's newfound talent. :)

Melissa and the tiggers

 ___ Melissa Litwicki __ [log in to unmask] ___
 By the whole newsgroup devoted tennis showing
     it after scarfing fork and laughters