From:
Alicia K Drakiotes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 15 Feb 1997 16:49:42 -0500
To Jaimie,
In regards to your ferret..  you are not explicitly clear in describing the
behavior from you boy.  Is the neck biting more than the ferret wrestle?  If
the intent is actually resembling mating actions, if you nmust repoeatedly
separate your ferret , etc.  I would like to caution you to fdo an overall
physical evaluation on your male ferret as well.

-First how old is the ferret?
-Is the coat thining, or has it beome bristly?
-Does the kin seem to be dry? Itchy?
-Does the ferret have an orangish tint to the undercoat in the shoulder/neck
 area?

If the behavior has continued for some time and you have any of the other
symptome please email me directly, or perhaps consult your veterinarian.
OUr 3.5 yr old altered male displayed the "mating" syndrome with bot altered
males and females.  We have since had surgery-- he is recovering well-- a bi
lateral adrenal patient.