From:
Donna - Educated Ferret Assoc <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 20 Apr 2002 23:52:43 EDT
Hello out there if ferret land.  My name is Josiah and I am the new
Educated Ferret Junior Mascot.  Da rescue MaMa says Callie, our mascot is
three now and does not do well being gone from her fur toys all day.  Gets
stress poops.  So now she just does short education jobs while I get the
all day ones with Joshua, Da Pa Pa's baby.  Well we went to the education
day at Petco in Holyoke, Ma.  today and did I hear some news.  Da Ma Ma
has been coordinating the Four Rescue Frolic and she told all humans today
that it is not going to be the same as all the other frolics.  I was very
upset at what she told the humans.  You see the last frolic I had so much
fun sniffing butts and ears and greating all the other ferrets.  I even
won best costume with Joshua and Littl e Bit.  Da Ma Ma calls me her
hospitality liquid fur baby, what ever that is.  I just love all the
attention and realy love meeting the other ferrets but she said because
of this ADV thing she is going to let us go but we are going to have
precautions.  I thought since Joshua got fixed he did not need this any
more, but I am already fixed so I don't need it.  DaMa Ma says "parents
need to protect their children even when they protest, and she says we can
still have fun.  The frolic is a week from today.  Since I am a education
mascot I guess I have to work and tell the humans what we will be doing at
the frolic.  Da MaMa says she will help me by posting the program over the
next week and also how we will be protected.  I will tell you about the
events and how much fun we can have.  There will be less contact games
and more contests.  So here is the first hour.

Schedule for the 2002 Four Rescue Spring Ferret Frolic
Hosted by The Educated Ferret Assoc of Ma., FACT of Conn., Ferret Wise of
N.H., and The Gimmee Shelter and Rescue of Wareham, Ma.

10:00 am opening and welcome   I will be there to say good morning

10:15 Announcing coloring and photo contest.  Entrys can be picked up at
the admittance table.  $1 per entry.  The coloring contest will have
pictures of our Callie and other rescue ferrets you can color and make
them look just like your fuzzies.  We will provide crayones and have a
coloring area.  Please do not bring fuzzies in this area, for humans only.
The photo contest entrys can be submitted at admittance for a $1 each.
Please share your prettyiest, funniest, beezing cutest and the ferret
with the biggest mess.  The winners will be announced at 3:30 .

10:30 The Judging contest.  Shortest tail, longest tail and because some
ferrets have crop tail a shortest and longest for these special ferrets
too.  I insisted on two.  Largest/ smallest, neatest markings.  I won
this at the NEFFER frolic.  Blackest nose, pinkest nose, and just for the
adrenal fuzzies a special award to the baldest, because bald is beautiful.
The largest and whitest mitts, and the blackest and whitest ferret.  For
our protection the judges will be wearing plastic aprons and cleaning
hands before handling each contestant.

Tomorrow I will share what the prizes will be and share 11:00 am - 12 pm
schedule.

Catch you tomorrow Love Josiah