From:
Alexandra Sargent-Colburn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Jan 2009 23:58:15 +0000
Dear Ferret Folks-

Todd and Hebert need another cage. I don't like caging them at all, but
I have a small single-level house with an open floor plan and letting
them free-roam 24-seven doesn't work here. It's not much of an issue
in the winter, but in the summer we keep the doors open more than we
keep them closed, and I really need to know where the boys *are* when
the doors are open, as you might imagine. Thankfully, neither has that
preternatural ability to escape the house that Ping is He did. He was
gifted, truly gifted in that respect. It used to make my hair stand on
end.

I am hoping that someone in MA, southern NH or northern CT has a
multi-level used cage to sell. I see that someone in Gardner, MA has
advertised for a used ferret cage on Craigslist recently. I don't know
that person, although I live in Templeton MA, the town right next door.
I'm one town west of Gardner.

The cheap Yankee in me whispers quietly in my ear "buy uuused..." I
will look, anyway. I suspect that a good cage is such an important
resource that people don't readily part with one in good condition,
but I can look, anyway. If you have one to sell in my area please
contact me off-group.

Todd and Hebert thank you. Their cage came to us home made and while
it has been adequate, it has a chip board bottom and I am so done with
that. They are batchelors, and they have slovenly batchelor habits.

Alexandra