From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Apr 1997 16:56:00 -0500
Here is old Anon again - from the ferret Gestapo state.

I have traveled on several airlines with my ferret, some good, some wierd,
but none harmful.  If anyone wants to hear my stories, please post in FD and
I will answer you.

I would also like to ask Mr. Goins of Little Rock if he could be a little
more specific on his recommendations against flying pets in the cargo hold.
Mr. Goins, is this based on your first hand knowledge and experience?  If
so, could you tell us a little bit more?  Also, what was your experience in
coming into a California airport?  I have had no trouble on this count.  Am
i just lucky?  Try as I may, I cannot seem to word these questions so that
they don't sound rude.  I really don't mean it that way.  I just think I
could learn more and make better judgements based on some real examples.

I have used Northwest with my little one in cargo.  At every takeoff, I was
personally notified by a flight attendant that my pet was on board.  The
fuzz came through fine and did not seem bothered in the least.

TWA has some very firm policies related to air temperature on the ground at
their take off and destination points.  I was told that this was because of
the concern that the animals might not be as safe with the ground
temperatures as they are the cargo temperatures.  I cannot fault them for
this thinking, but have not actually used this airline.

I agree with the person who said we need to do something about these
policies.  Any suggestions on how to organize this?

Anon, but not for long.  Send ferret letters to CA legislators!