Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Fri, 24 Sep 1993 09:14:26 -0400
Someone asked about noisy ferrets so I thought I'd mention one of mine.
(This is the first time I've actually posted here, I usually just read so
I'll quickly tell you about us - Me (Angi), Brandy (female,sable,5 1/2 mo.,
and Blaze (male, albino, 2 1/2 mo.), all live in my dorm room at college.
Try ferret-proofing a room where all the furniture is sorta rooted in and
seems to have these holes you've never seen or knew could exist :)
So, Blaze!! We got him at 7 wks. and noticed then that he was a little
more vocal than Brandy (who we got at 8 wks.) and thought it was just
because he was a bit younger and the calmest of his litter (didn't like to
fight much and play, was more of a cuddler). When they want out they are
great at chewing the cage or hanging on top and jerking their bodies up and
down to make the awfullest of noises :) (at 5-6 am, of course) And when mock-
fighting they have become more and more vocal. If the clucks get loud and
fast it usually means one of them is getting REALLY agitated but if I separate
them they just go right back at it. And hissing is a thing too, but usually
only if they're upset - like if I scold them or something.
The worst time was Blaze's very first bath. Brandy has learned to live
with it and doesn't struggle much. But, the first time I dipped Blaze down
into the tub of water he cried! Just like a baby, it was so sad. I thought
I was drowning him or something and his head wasn't under the water. He
whined and whined until it was over and then got under the covers on the
bed and ran and ran to dry off. Hopefully the next time won't be so
tramatic (on either of us)  :)          Angi, Jason, Brandy, & Blaze