From:
Kathy Gallagher <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 May 2000 07:09:00 -0400
>From:    "D. Elliott" <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Out-of-control behavior!!!  Please help!
>Some of you people are probably going to crucify me for this, but I am at
>my wits end.  My female ferret, Rio, is absolutely unbearable.  I adopted
>her, and her brother, Mishu, about a month ago

Hi--

Change part of your approach with her.In addition to punishing her, she
must associate you with food and treats.  You need to give her lots of
treats.  Use ferretone diluted 50% with olive oil or just olive oil by
itself.  Put it on a spoon or let her lick it from the bottle.  Add
dragging to your scruffing.  She may be scared.  She may be trying to
establish her dominance.  Females are often more high strung than males
and can be more assertive and bitchy.

If you can confine her to a limited play area, such as a playpen (Usually a
light weight wood pen about 4ft by 6ft with vynil flooring rolled out
underneath it.).  Let her play in this area and give her places to hide
(blankets or towels) and lots of toys and tubes with food, water, and a
litterpan.

KG