Date:
Fri, 24 Jan 1997 19:07:08 -0500
I have two fuzzies.  Jake is a 3 year old very dark sable altered male and
Roxanne is a 3 year old MF light chocolate/cinnamon siamese altered female.
Both are shelter ferrets I got from the Ferret Gallery.They are not free
roaming ferrets but get the run of the house during most of the day.  Our
house is a rancher style so we just close the doors to no ferret proof rooms.

They usually play for an hour or two then tire and go to their favorite nap
sites which is the lowest drawer of my mothers china cabinet(we long took
out any glasses and put in a comfy dish towel).

Anyway they normally nap together. A few days ago my mother became frantic.
Jake  as usual had gone to sleep in his drawer but when she checked to see
where Roxanne was she couldn't find her!

I guess between me and my mother shouting "roxanne" and the squeaky toys,
rattling treat treat bags and the dogs now frantic barking we woke Jake up.
He crawled out yawned as to say "oh ma this better be important" and plopped
down at my feet.  I picked him up and said "jake where's roxie?".  He
squirmed to be put down,dooked and war danced then took off running towards
the china cabinit.  I told him we looked in the drawers but no go he danced
and danced.

Now Jake are not a climber much he leaves that to Roxanne but suddenly he
started climbing the cabinet.  So on a lark we looked where he was going.
Sure enough in a huge decorative fabric lined basket was Roxie asleep!  Jake
crawled in and fell back to sleep.

Another time Roxie had gone for her nap in the drawer and jake was still
rambunctious.  I said to Jake go find Roxie and go take a nappy.  Sure
enough he went to the drawer and fell asleep!

Anyway these two are best buddies and I know they talk to each other AND
understand me when I speak to them.

Maggie