From:
Debra Ann Velie <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 1 Jan 2006 13:18:54 EST
i know this is new years day but i thought maybe someone will come on
early today and will read this and write back.  my 6 yr old dew, nibbles,
the one who had the adreanal, insolinoma surgery in july, in the last 2
days has been showing some signs of illness.  1st sleeping a lot.  then
eating half his normal amount of food.  i have to hold him while he eats
his turkey baby food.  now hes exhibiting signs of his insolinoma again,
which the vet said might very likey come back.

last nite, he started walking funny and falling all over.hes even crying
while i hold him.  he did this about 6 weeks ago when he had infected
teeth and 2 were pulled.  i dont know which it is or if its something
else.  i know he's a very old little man/ferret but i thought he would
ok at least another year.  just xmas he was playing like a normal, even
young ferret.  the vets are closed today and possibly tomorrow.  there is
an emergency clinic here but that will cost $100.'s of dollars and i dont
know how good they are with ferrets.  he went there after his surgery for
1 nite and the vet knew how to check his vitals and wound/stitches, but
he didnt seem to know a real lot about ferrets.

i just got finished paying about $1900.  to my vet last month and i didnt
pay all my bills last month.  i dont have the money for an emergency
visit.  we just finished xmas and was expcting a check which never came
(infact the papers are lost), so i used all my cash for the kids and
grandchildren and family for xmas.  my parents gave me some money for
xmas but though it was from merrill lynch and their company is 1/2 mile
from my bank, my bank held the check for 4 days, which in turn i bounced
a bunch of checks cause they feeled to tell me or put it on my receipt
that it was being held.  my husband , who's a roofer /carpenter only got
1/2 his pay this friday.  figures, the ones who have the money have it
all in special acccounts and cant get to the money easy to pay their
workers.  but then, theyu dont know sometimes people live week-to-week
or even day- to- day.  well i dont want to whine, things eventually do
always work out.  but i wanted you to know my position and know why i
hesitate using an emergency clinic.  my regular vet is the best ferret
vet i know too.  i rather her (sandra kudrak) see him.  she know nibbles
and usually know right away whats wrong with him.

anyway, does anyone have any home advice to help him till possibly
tuesday.  we will take him to emergency if he gets really really bad.
hes crying too which upsets me more.  i feed him and have to hold him
to get him to eat some, i gave him some ferretvite and just in case a
ferret lax (for hairball or blocxkage) last nite i gave him a spoon of
vanilla ice cream for his insolinoma.  i try to hold him or put him in
a comfortable in a sleep sac but he cant stay still.  he sleeps when he
is worn and out in a comfortable position.

sorry for this being so long and i didnt correct the caps cause i'm
a little upset.  guardian of hope can you say a small prayer for my
nibbles.

thank you all so much!