Date:
Mon, 17 Dec 2001 00:15:25 EST
My sincere gratitude to those of you who remember and ask after Maria.
She was the tiny old ferret kept in the pet store window burning alive
with no water.  She had fleas crawling on her purple hot skin, ear mites,
and something so huge sticking out of her that the pet store owner thought
it was cancer, and I thought it was her rectum.  It made any ferret text
book picture I have pale in comparison, and had globs of pus hanging and
dripping from it.

The old gal is still alive, and as feminine as any human movie starlet in
her ultra dainty mannerisms and beguiling looks.  As Alluring and fluttery
as a butterfly in my eyes.  The growth still sticks out of her.  But it
is miniscule compared to how she looked before the surgery.  The adrenal
was cancerous.  The markings of concern on the x-rays were from severe
malnutrition.  The scars on her body and chopped off tail were probably
from an animal, or several animals attacking her.

I wish that you could see this.  Here she is on her back.  Coyest,
helpless little pawings.  On her back play fighting with me?  My heart-
I feel it.  I feel all in love inside.  It is as though she has practiced
in front of a mirror for the most innocent mind boggling heart grabbing
movements: you know?

The fur is baby soft, and she is tiny and light as a feather.  Her big
nose and stubby tail, her unusual facial markings, and kisses and desire
to cuddle---sigh~~~~~~~~
She drives me wild inside when I hold her.

She yawns and yawns when I hold her up to look at her, thus making us #1
in the yawning contest.  No one could yawn so much as little Maria.

Mini_Me has decided that she must rip apart Maria, and is cruel to her
now when they meet.  But Maria has figured out how to run and hide in some
good hiding places and takes up a defensive position..  And as ferrets
appear so blind, it is easy to grab one of the girls, and move them just
a few feet away from each other while we all play.  And Mini-Me won't be
able to find Maria.

The others have come to play gently with her.  She has gained courage and
strength for such an old girl, and rough houses eagerly in her ultra
girlish feminine manner.

She captivates my heart.

There she is again.  How silly looking.  Jimmy Durante nose!  What an
enchantress.

Maria-my wild thing.  She makes my heart sing.
She makes everything--groovy.

She is now bathing my foot ouch!!  The guys are teaching her to bite.
Another horrible ferret.  And I the beaming mother.

She still walks in the middle of the room and lets fall a terribly tiny
poopie.  And a little slime is still attached.  The vets say this is all
right for her.

I had to time out for Maria kisses.  Or as I call her...Ma-wee-ah

Happy Holidays to one and All.
May ferrets dance on your bed
and in your dreams.