From:
Sandi Ackerman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 Jul 1997 22:13:10 -0700
Can anyone provide me with advice on how to care for a paralyzed ferret?  He
has two compressed vertebrae and the sad part is that my vet said it's the
type of injury that could have been helped if his owner had gotten vet care
right away.  However, he kept him for a month after the injury and then
released him to our shelter (along with his other three adult male ferrets
each weighing only slightly over 1 lb.  each!) I'm expressing his bladder
twice a day which is now keeping him dry.  He gets around rather well using
his two front legs.  Anyone every used acupuncture or any other type of
treatments for this type of problem?  Any success?  Any ideas?

Sandi
Best Little Rabbit, Rodent & Ferret House
Seattle, WA