From:
John and Diane Rogers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Aug 1998 21:00:53 -0400
Dear Tim:

The AFA has exhaustive materials which will prove to any educated person
that ferrets are domesticated.  I have so much that I don't know where
to start.

The most important thing for you to do is give me more details.  I need to
know where you live, what are the names of the governmental officials that
you have talked to, what legal documents you have been served with (please
fax them to me at number below), all pertinent phone numbers, who you have
already talked to in the NJ ferret world (many good folks...I don't want to
step on their toes), whether you have a lawyer, all the details about why
the complaint was filed (number of ferrets, what they did to draw attention
to themselves, who your vet is, what their vaccination status is, was there
a bite or scratch...) in short, I want to help you desperately, but you must
provide the info so we can focus our defense.

I also need to know if you feel that you need immediate help - is there a
confiscation issue already upon you?  Or, is this a "you can keep em, but
we'll come get them if you lose"?  If there is an immediate confiscation
issue, there are options we need to discuss in person.

Please email me immediately or call collect if this is an emergency
confiscation issue.

Diane Rogers
410-448-4441 (home)
    594-0217 (work)
2306 Pickwick Rd.
Baltimore MD 21207
fax 410-448-2699

p.s. AFA does have legal advisor on hand to help, but you must provide
more info before we get him involved.

Looking forward to winning this one with you...

Diane

--
 John and Diane Rogers - Baltimore Ferret Club
 http://baltoferret.com/bfc