From:
Catherine Garcia <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 30 Nov 2000 11:20:29 EST
Greetings to everyone from me and the Fuzzies Behind The Zion Curtain!
Guess what!  I get to pull the great escape and go back to St.  Louis.
(St.  Charles, actually, for anyone that knows the area....) Mom had a
heart attack and ended up in the hospital and Grandma is 93 now, so it
seems a good time for the girls and I to come home.  (Luis - AKA "Ricky
Ricardo" is staying here with Andy and the babies and the 20 pound bowling
ball of a Siamese)

And I'll get to see my adopted sister Maggie and meet her musician
boyfriend, who lives in St.  Louis.  Wish I could get to Columbia to see
her adorable babies again, but I can't go away from Mom and Grandma that
long.

I want to go to see Sara and Kurt Peterson and their babies, and to kiss
Broadway on his ferret nose.

I miss the place so much.  Everytime I go home, it has changed so much
from when I was growing up.  (Gee, amazing how that happens over 23
years ........) I want to go home!  I might just even job hunt while I'm
there.  I want to be back where I can get White Castles and Brooks Catsup
and see the Cardinals play.  And, most importantly of all, I want to be
with my family, both biological and adopted.  All the kids, both two and
four legged, miss their Grandma.  (Hubert and Snowy especially miss "Nana."
Hubert, cause he likes to steal her "sodies" and get the candy out of her
pockets, and Snowy cause he loves her cane.........you'd look up and see
this cane being dragged down the hall with a ferret attached.....) And
besides.  The babies want to meet their "Auntie Maggie," and she needs to
get to play with the "porcelain ferrets."

Funny little addendum, too.  Someone came to see my son last night, and
when he was his way up to his room, he saw the ferrets.  He was enthralled.
He saw my precious little snooty man, Pato, laying on his back in his
hammock.  "Look at that little dude!  He's laying in that thing on his back
just like it's a bed!!  And he just KNOWS he's "the man," doesn't he?" I
told him that is the exactly reason we call him "The Man" or "Mr. Man"

Pato was suitably pleased.  This human paid him the homage that is due to
a ferret of his prestige.

Catherine, Pato, Snowball, Hubert, and Elsie
"Behind The Zion Curtain"

BUT AT LEAST I GET TO BE THERE FOR A WHILE NOW!!!!!!  YAY!!!!!!!!!