From:
Eric Van Uytven <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Mar 1996 13:47:00 -0600
Hi, I'm new to the FML, my name is Eric, and I'm from Winnipeg.  I bought a
ferret last Saturday(for a hefty amount too, I might add).  Her name is
Mithril, she's a 6 week old kit.  She loves old socks, jeans['specially when
someone's wearing them], and burrowing under stuff.  Okay, I've got a couple
of comments/questions:

1.  I noticed a couple of days ago that someone mentioned that it would be
'irresponsible' to keep a ferret in residence on campus.  I beg to differ.
Fact is, my room is sealed off, easily ferret-proofed, and fun to play
in(since I cram ALL my stuff into it).  I make sure that she can't get
access to anything that would hurt her.  The only problem is, I think she's
lonely.  Which leads me to my second question...

2.  Does anyone know of any ferret shelters in Winnpeg(ca)?  Buying my first
ferret has cleaned me out, and I was looking to get another from a shelter.
Also, are there any ferret enthusiasts groups in Winnipeg?

3.  My ferret LOVES bitter apple.  I find this just a little strange and
thought I might mention it.  Anyone else have this problem?

That's about it.

Cheers,