Date:
Mon, 1 May 2000 09:32:54 EDT
I have had limited experience with Triple-F ferrets (tattoo inside the
right ear, fuschia colored), but I have to tell everyone about an
experience that I had with Triple F, and Jack Fallenstein, the operator.

We took in a biting ferret, age was estimated at about 6 months.  Triple-F
kid.  I noticed during her intake exam, that she had what looked like a
scab or poop next to her anus.  While playing, this same ferret would
suddenly stop, and scootch her butt on the ground.  Alot.  I took her to
the vet and the Doc said she had remnants of scent gland tissue left and
that it was infected.  Her biting was caused by the problems with her anal
glands.  She was placed on a course of antibiotics and I called Mr.
Fallenstein and explained the situation.  He asked me to keep him updated
on what was going to happen with her and I agreed.

Three weeks after the antibiotics, Fandango (or Fanny <grin>) was no
better -- and we scheduled surgery to remove the gland.  The surgery was
a success and Fanny was recovered completely -- the vet did find remnants
of the anal gland and removed them.  I called back to Triple-F and told Mr.
Fallenstein what had occurred and he asked me how much the bill was.  I
told him and he said that "I stand by my ferrets - she was supposed to be
descented".  He also was glad to hear that she was doing great and had a
new home!

We received a check in the mail covering her surgical costs.  I thanked
him then -- and now.

Lisa Leidig, Head Ferret
The Ferret Haven "By-the-Sea"
http: www.ferrethaven.org
Want to help The Ferret Haven By-the-Sea? Register at iGive.com
by cutting and pasting this link:
http://www.iGive.com/html/ssi.cfm?CID=1236&MID=854