From:
Angie George <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 Aug 2003 18:52:03 -0700
well, apparently court did not go the way we thought it would today.
Basically we start alllllllllllllllllllllllll over again.We are set for a
Pre-Trial Nov 4th.  Of course the hack and his so called vet/wife didn't
show up, rather sent in a lawyer who frankly wasn't too impressive.  We
now are forced,even though we can't afford it, to get our own lawyer.
I have an appt. next Tuesday with one who is supposed to be very good.
Geesh, nothing like dragging this on forever and ever.  Luna will be gone
two yrs. ago next month :( and still this hasn't ended.  The hack has
had to spend at least $500 by now and is wanting $1000 from us.

Anybody out there ever had to pay $1200 for a splenectomy on their fert?
Ever done that and been denied the right to look at the bloodwork or lab
results?  What Mike and I would very much like is for anyone out there to
send something showing what they've paid for this kind of surgery, or for
that matter, any surgery.  We, ourselves haven't paid over 250 to 300
dollars for any kind of surgery on one of our guys and we have what we
believe to be one of the very best ferret vets.  I would like to produce
this kind of evidence at the trial just to show the judge how exhorbitant
these charges are.

AND a great big hug, weasel kisses, etc. to all of you for the moral
support we so very much needed and still need.  Thanks Bobbie and friend
for driving all the way down today to be there for us, only to find out
it's not the actual trial.  Thanks to the fertangels for all the
uplifting cards they send, they warm our hearts and let us know that
we're doing the right thing by Luna.  and to Troy Lynn, who.we mostdearly
love, (especially Sammy since he apparently likes to "phone" her).  You
guys are all great.

I may very well be making some of the multi ferret "hidey hole" hammies
to put on eBay to gather funds for the lawyer.

Angie George