From:
Sandy Adams <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Jul 2001 11:12:56 -0500
Hi all,

I know that most of you probably know or have heard of Troy Lynn Eckart
who runs Ferret Family Services in Kansas.  TLE doesn't know i'm writing to
y'all today but she needs our help.  She is truly an angel in the ferret
community.  Last Friday her truck which is hers and the shelters only means
of transportation and that has given many years of good service lost it's
motor.

She works two jobs in order to try to make ends meet and I know has a
tremendous amount of veterinarian expense as well..  needless to say she's
stretched to the limit financially without the major expense of having to
buy a new vehicle, she takes wonderful care of her little ones and she has
a huge number that are permanent residents with her, and yet she still has
time to support the new ferret owners, and people who have questions and
need help.

I first met Troy Lynn online as I was researching to get my first ferret.
Over the past three years we have become good friends as my own ferret
family has expanded and I feel blessed to know a woman who so selflessly
shares her life with her ferrets and gives so much to protect those little
ones in need.  Troy Lynn's home is a hospice.  She takes the ones who have
nowhere else to go, who are elderly and sick, who have been shuffled over
the years from place to place, the ones no one else wants.  She unfailingly
makes sure that they have the best in veterinarian treatment including
surgeries, lupron therapy, antibiotics, steroids, whatever is necessary to
extend the little one's life and make them more comfortable.  Almost every
waking moment is spent cleaning, feeding, medicating and most importantly
giving them the love they deserve and crave.

I was hoping that everyone could possibly work some magic and find a way to
help Troy Lynn and all of the little ones of Ferret Family Services in this
time of need.  If you know of a good used vehicle at very little expense..
or even have one to maybe donate??  or perhaps you could donate to the SOS
fund in TLE's name..  or send a donation of supplies or funds to Ferret
Family Services.  She has helped so many over the years and never asks for
any help for herself that I'm praying that we can help her through this
very trying time.

Her website that has her address is

Sandy & The Adams Family Ferrets