Date:
Fri, 18 Dec 1998 09:40:13 -0500
Sigh, little did I know that, just a day after the info for the PCC was
posted that that I would need it.

For months I've had an Environmental Air Sponge sitting on top of my 5'
tall cage to counter the perfume of my twosome.  Yesterday I discovered
Shiloh had knocked it down, so I picked it up and w/o thinking put it on my
desk.  This morning, after their terrible twosome's hour-long play period I
discovered the container for the air sponge on the floor, open this time,
and the sponge apparently drug under the desk.

I read the container and could find no ingredients, so I called the
emergency vet clinic where I was told to call PCC.  Which I did.

All this time I was on the phone Shiloh was busy chowing down in her cage
(she'd gone in on her own to eat).

The woman who took my call was very nice and calmed my fears.  While she
doesn't have records on this particular product she explained that if
products are caustic they must have a warning.  She asked if the any of the
stuff had been injested, and I explained that I couldn't see any way for a
ferret to move the stuff w/o using her mouth. How much ended up in her
system is anyone's guess. Because of the representative's obvious calmness
and confidence I  said, thanks, and hung up. But I'm worried I'll be going
home to a dead or suffereing ferret tonight.

When I checked on her just before I left she was sleeping peacefully.

Has anyone had any experience like this who can offer words of wisdom?

I would call the company, but there is no phone number listed on the
package.

Pat
Tess (geeze, Mom, you were mad at me last night for helping you to fall on
the steps and now you're mad at Shiloh...is this really a good example of
"Christmas spirit?")

Shiloh (great appetizer, Mom, it really perked up my appetite!)

Amadeus (hey, I didn't do anything wrong! I didn't even jump onto the
collectibles shelf today!)

PS I got the Ferret Calendar for Christmas from the children I babysit
for!  To think I carted it all around Borders the other day and put it
back because I'd spent enough money on Christmas already!