From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 May 1995 12:42:00 EDT
Katrina  and James, I don't consider Carolyn a credible source on BFF
tameness, etc.  I'm sure she can provide many reasons why this is a
disaster.   She has a bias because of her desire to start the Foundation.  I
have independent sources and Suki Crandall's posting (Suki has nothing to do
with me, so don't blame her) which tell a different story.  There are no
independent sources that back up Carolyn.  Show me those and I will believe.
  As far as the extinction statement, I thought that Gary H. implied this in
his long posting a couple days ago.  I find it interesting that many
consider the domestic ferret wild (the Sierra Club should know better) and
some now consider the BFF to have been tamed.  Not long ago there was a
photo in the NY Times, that accompanied a story about the domestic ferret,
showing a leather gloved hand holding a ferret .  The implication was that
the pet ferret can't be held without protection.  It turned out the photo
was of a BFF.  Now I guess this should be evidence of how easily they are
handled?  There was a discussion of this in the late 1000s or early 1100s of
the FML.

James, the surgery for both the adrenal and insulanoma problem is the best
solution to prolong Cody's life .  I've had ferrets undergo both and do very
well.  You can look at it as a waste of the $ you invested with the
replumbing job if you don't because the insulanoma will worsen and lead to
seizures.  The right adrenal can be tricky because the aorta runs right next
to it.  It's a pity it didn't favor probability and crop up on the left
adrenal.