From:
Andrea Mercado <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 15 Sep 2002 20:54:59 -0400
i took the kids to the vet today, when both fuzzies were diagnosed with
insulinoma.  i'm not a happy camper, but i'm trying to keep a chin up.

dr. purcell recommended surgery, which we can't afford right now, so she
said it's perfectly ok to start them on pred now and do the surgeries as
money allows, which was my initial impulse.  so our austerity budget will
get tighter, and for the best reason in the world.  mad phat props to dr.
purcell for being an awesome vet.

kids are happy and comfy for now.  gabe was the only one that showed
symptoms, which prompted the vet visit.  he actually lapped up the cherry
pred of doom straight from the syringe without a fight, which confirms my
suspicions that he is totally insane.  lucy doesn't seem any different
from ever, but hates the cherry pred of doom, the way tiki once did.

how do i get on the FHL?  i'm reading everything i can get my hands on
about insulinoma, and i think the FHL would be good resource for me.

coping well for now,
andrea
corey - the most concerned ferret dad in the world
gabe - "there's more of the yummy cherry stuff, right?"
lucy - "um, yuck.  cherry pred of doom is evil.  i can't believe i *share
a hammock* with you!"
we miss tiki.  lots.

[Moderator's note: subscribe to the ferret health list by e-mailing
[log in to unmask]             BIG]