From:
Dee Gage <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Apr 2005 09:55:31 EDT
FYI, I have a new email address.  This is both for me personally & for
the WMFC.

The move to the new house went well with profound appreciation and thanks
to friends.

Ferrets moved first, of course.  For those who have been through it, I'm
not telling you anything you haven't experienced.  The ferrets were
inconvenienced for a few hours while we dissembled their cages, washed
the bedding, bowls & water bottles.  We took the cages to the car wash
for a power wash before setting back up in the new place.  Then it was
the time-consuming part of putting everything back together.  The WMFC
ferrets love their new house.  They have the entire lower level, except
for those who manage to sneak upstairs to the main level.

Indy and Coco are my privileged two.  They get the run of the entire
house.  Indy loves the noise he makes when he thunders across the floor.
You can see the look of delight on his little face as he runs, spins one
way & then the other & then looks up at me.  Coco is more lady-like about
it.  She methodically goes downstairs & brings toys upstairs to hide.  My
other 2 personal ferrets, Sugar Bear & Kody, are handling it all a bit
differently.  Sugar Bear is blind but yet he flies up the stairs to the
main level.  Kody on the other hand, doesn't want to have a thing to do
with the stairs.  On his first try, he got to the third step & started to
shake.  I thought he was going to stroke on me.  I didn't expect that at
all.  Go figure.

The lower level also accommodates a separate room where I can sell
miscellaneous ferret items.

As for me, I'm still trying to find my own "hidey holes" for my "stuff".
With working full-time, taking care of the ferrets & April weekend ferret
events, I haven't had much time.

See you in St. Louis.

Dee Gage
owner/operator, West Michigan Ferret Connection
co-founder, Midwest  Ferret Fellowship
member, Michigan Dept of Agriculture Companion Animal Advisory Committee