Date:
Mon, 26 Jun 2000 10:24:06 -0400
Hi all,

This is an update on the Midatlantic Ferrets Website and Mailing List.  For
those who haven't heard of them yet, they've been set up to give clubs,
shelters, and owners in the Midatlantic Region - NY, NJ, PA, MD, DC, DE,
and (this is new) Northern VA - a place to meet each other, discuss topics
or post notices aimed specifically at the region.  The website has a
Discussion Board, a Want Ads page, and a Calendar of Events, as well as
an Organization List for the region.

The website has had several organizations add themselves to the list, and
they've posted a bunch of ferret events that are in the area, stretching to
2001.  If your organization is in the Midatlantic region and hasn't been
put on the list yet, please email me with the information and I'll put it
on the webpage.  You can check out the website at
http://midatlantic.ferretopia.org .

The mailing list currently has 13 folks on it.  Both the website and the
mailing list are fairly new, so I expect that it will take time for them to
come into more regular use, like the New England site has ( I think the New
England website is showing how potentially useful this kind of site can
be).  To subscribe to the midatlanticferrets mailing list, send a blank
email to [log in to unmask] .  There's also a link on
the website for it.

I encourage everyone in the Midatlantic region to check out the website and
join the mailing list - the more folks, the more useful! :)

See ya!  - Mike
Mike, Paula, Buddy, Dickens, Daisy, Sweet Pea, and Winter

Check out the New England and Midatlantic Ferret Sites at
http://www.ferretopia.org