Date:
Mon, 28 Dec 2009 10:40:46 -0500
I hope everyone is having a great holiday season! For those who don't
know, I was the one who created the back end code to run this years
giving tree.

I want to thank Melanee and Kris for taking care of all the questions
and for helping resolve the issues that came up. In all, I think it
worked out amazingly well, and it was nice that we weren't coding trees
up until Christmas eve (I can't imagine how long it would have taken
to code all the pages for the record 766 ferrets that were posted this
year).

For all the Shelters and Santas who used the tree this year, I would
like your suggestions for making it even better next year! I've started
making a list and would like to know if there are any other features or
changes you would like to see - after all, you are the ones who have to
use it!

Here are some of the items I have so far:

- Improve the documentation and create a FAQ that answers most of the
  questions we received.

- Import photos from web links (such as photobucket, etc).

- Create an automated password reset for shelters so they don't have
  to bother Melanee if their password does not work or gets lost.

- Allow shelters to edit their ferret descriptions and shelter
 information.

- Replace the temporary graphics.

- Create Thank You pages for shelters.

- Improve some of the back-end database functions and reports to make
  life easier for Melanee, Kris and any other helpers.

If you can email me your suggestions over the next few weeks, I can
then start working on updating the tree for next year.

Have a Happy New Year everyone!

Lynn