From:
Shelly Stanley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 2 Mar 1996 12:00:44 -0600
Hi all.  We were recently blessed with an active little 2 mo.  old altered
female sable, Susie.  She was fed Kaytee ferret food at the petstore, so we
gave her that at first, even though we feed her brothers Iams Kitten.  She
ate fine, but then she discovered Calvin and Hobbes' food, and she realized
that she loved it.  After eating Iams, she didn't really want her Kaytee.
The problem is that since she started eating Iams (on Monday, Feb 26) she
has thrown up 4 times (that I have noticed.  I usually just find it...).  I
have considered several possibilities for this, but I would love your input.

1) Iams is soooo good that she is overeating (she REALLY likes it) till
   she throws up.
2) She seems to choke and cough more when she is tired or has just been
   tussled roughly by the boys, and she just doesn't feel good so she
   throws up.
3) {the most feared} She has a blockage.

I doubt choice #3, as she has plenty of poopy, but I have never experienced
a blocked ferret, so I don't really know.  The vomit looks just like watered
down Iams kitten food, no funny stuff.  She is totally active, and even
after she throws up, she still seems happy.  She plays with her brothers all
the time.  She has not gotten noticibly skinnier since we got her (on the
24th).  I really don't know what to think.  Susie has a vet appt.  on the
12th to get vaccinations.  Should we just keep our eyes on her till then, or
do we need to rush her in before that?  I am very worried about my littlest
punkin, even though she SEEMS healthy and happy.  I would really appreciate
any advice you have.

Thanks so much,
Shelly
Calvin & Hobbes (Who have just formed a G.R.O.S.S. club -- Get Rid Of
Slimy girlS)
Susie Derkins (the girl)