From:
ferret lover <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 Dec 2000 19:38:58 -0800
First off, there has been some interest in the new ricebox I bought my
furkids for Christmas.  It is a big green frog shaped TOY Box-not the
sandbox...a toy box.  When the lid is closed, it forms a smiley face that
is just big enough for ferrets to slip in and out.  The box is deep enough
so that the rice stays in...even during vigorous digging!  If you'd like
to see a picture...and get info...let me know!

Also, the Christmas card exchange was great fun!  I really enjoyed it!
Several sent special notes and letters, and pictures...you guys have some
beautiful furkids!!  I have to put a special note here to Mary!  She had
read my post about the yellow post-it note that took turns getting stuck on
my guys and she was curious as to how they would react to different colors
of post-its so she sent several colors for them to try on!  Cute card and
message-and I think they must prefer yellow because all I got this time
was some, "Woman, what are you doing?" looks!  Anyway, several expressed
interest about doing the card thing again.  We ended up with 3 complete
lists containing 13 names each and one half list of late-comers-that's
over 40 people!  Anyone interested in maybe doing a Valentine's Day
exchange...let me know and I will start a list!

And...I think the Giving Tree was a whopping success!  I know that we ALL
SHOULD do more ALL year round-but the truth of the matter is that people
are more "giving" during Holidays and Emergencies!  I hope the Giving Tree
can become a tradition!  It's amazing what we can accomplish when we all
pitch in!

And last...to tle: the ball with the long string that I ordered from you
is one of the best toys I have ever purchased!  Einstein is a fiend with
this thing!  I have had so much fun watching him get it all situated in a
special place....then yanking it across the room!  He chases it, grabs it
and runs to hide it again!  Sometimes he stares at it...almost daring it
to move and when he is satisfied that it is properly stored....I yank it
again!  Several times I have almost needed to write to Wolfie to see if she
has any extra depends!  To people who don't know what I am talking about:
Troy Lynn sells crocheted ferret toys.  One is a ball with a long, long
crocheted string attached.  You can throw this thing across the room and
slowly....or rapidly pull it back to you...ferrets flying after it!  It
was very inexpensive and worth 15 times what she sells them for when you
consider the amount of fun that you get from them!  I highly suggest you
contact her about buying one...or two!

Here's hoping this coming year will be filled with health and happiness
for all!