From:
Heather Sjoquist <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 23 Mar 2003 06:47:42 EST
> Re: take me to your hidey hole and stash me away

A few years ago a ferret showed up on our doorstep and since nobody
claimed it he became ours.  I am a sucker and though didn't know much
about ferrets I jest KNEW he needed a friend.  So, about a month later
I stopped at the local Humane Society and they had a little girl there.
I came home, shed a few tears to the husband (boyfriend at the time but
he still married me after I had snuck in 5 more fuzzies!) and went back
to get her.

The first thing we did was give her a bath.  Since Gunnie didn't react
well to bathing I thought I would need help with Gildie.  In came Scott
to be my "helper".  While Gildie was on the floor Scott stuck out his
finger which Gildie promptly, but gently, attached herself too.  Seeing
a malnourished 1.5 lb girl try to stash away a 200lb six foot man in the
bathroom behind the toilet is indeed a site.  So yes I think it is a
compliment of sorts.  My husband is right up there with baby bath toys
in Gildie's book and that in itself is a rare feat.

Heather