From:
Melissa Bernier <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Jul 1999 08:23:19 -0400
Our 6 month old little girl - fell and broke her ulna at Ferretquest
99'(June 5).  We went to the emergency vet and they put her in a cast said
should be healed in three weeks.  On the 21st went and seen our vet - took
x-rays, didn't heal.  Looked exactly like it did the first night.  Put her
in another cast said 6 weeks.  She has a check up on the 16th to see if the
bone is healing or not.  The vet said after this if it don't heal the only
option is surgery, but she doesn't know anyone who does surgery on ferrets.
We're hoping someone will know of a vet who does do surgery on ferrets.
Hopefully in the Metro Detroit MI area - if not we'll think of something.

On another note - since she has cage confinement we've been taking her out
for a little bit every hour or so depending on when she sleeps.  But she is
sooooo depressed.  She had gained .2 lbs and looks like she's gained more.
What we're hoping is that you all can help us think of more activities we
can do with her since she can't put weight on her leg (front left).

Also can anyone tell me why my two cats who previous to the break loved her
now want to bite to kill her?  We have to keep them completely away from
her they keep trying to bite the underside of her neck when all she wants
to do is cuddle like they used to - I'm sure this adds greatly to her
depression.  (She still eats and drinks and poops normally - she is just
depressed)

Melissa Bernier
Network Services Helpdesk
Oakland Schools