Date:
Tue, 2 May 2000 06:13:53 -0500
Fraggle is my sweet little Oregon shelter girl who has recently started
that long spiral downhill as some aged ferrets do.  Two weeks ago, as I
was giving each ferret their month physical (nothing serious, just feeling
around their belly, checking eyes, ears and weight), when I felt a series
of small bb-sized bumps in he lower abdomen.  The following Monday, I was
off to the vet.  Today, i returned to the vet because the tiny little bumps
has turned into a single large mass.  Only two weeks from tiny bumps to
large mass.  I fear this cannot be good.

Fraggle will have surgery to remove this mass on Thursday, May 4th.  She
is old, her fur is thin, she is blind in both eyes, she hobbles when she
walks, and I KNOW a lengthy extension of life is unrealistic.  But quality
of life should never be confused with quantity of life, and if the surgery
makes her sweet little life better, than it is worth it.  Wish her luck if
you think of it.  Me too!

Bob C and 16 Mo' Lucky Poledogs