From:
Victoria Steel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 Nov 1995 20:56:32 CST
Hello all, first a quick intro:
My name is Victoria and I am owned by six beasties all of whom were
second-hand models.  I fell in love with ferrets in my "home" country of
Scotland when I met an outdoor ferret named Nero.  I mention him here since
he did not have the luxury of a companion or regular human contact and was
kept in his cage year-round, and although we never owned each other he
introduced me to the wonderful world of ferrets and I hope to meet him
again at the Rainbow Bridge.  My beasties are of course spoiled rotten and
provide me with endless hours of frustration, entertainment and love.  They
are well travelled courtesy of the USAF (even if the base commander didn't
know it) and even resided in Michigan when it was an FFZ (my heart goes out
to others living in a FFZ-my FFZ years were nerve wracking).

I recently discovered the FML and cannot believe what a wonderful resource
this is.  Through the FML and Pam Grant's listing of vets I was able to
find a *real**ferret* vet (an hour away but worth the drive) and my granny
ferret is now no longer bald!  (allergies-treated by cortizone).  Through
the FML I have been able to link an animal shelter that has had to put
ferrets down due to lack of homes, with an FMLer looking for ferrets.  I
would like to thank every one associated with this list - you have truly
made a difference.

For people owned by ferrets in the KCMO area - yes the "wild" animal
ordinance went on to the city council without ferrets on the list, and this
was due to alot of hard work by ferret lovers in the KCMO area one of these
people, Dr.  Bobbi McCanse of the KC ferret Hotline (and shelter) is having
the second ever meeting of the KC ferret association this Sunday (the 5th)
at 5:00pm.  If you need more details please E-mail me.  Sorry this is so
long.  Enjoy your fuzzies.

                      Victoria Steel
                      Eric Fudge
    / {@    @} ›      Thor