From:
Bobbi McCanse <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 17 Dec 2000 00:11:06 -0600
Someone brought us a ferret play ball, along with the 3 ferrets that
Petland sold to them as the ideal pet for their 5 (!!) children.  It is
clear plastic, about a foot in diameter, has a closable hole on one side
(we don't ever close it) and many ventilation holes.  The only ferrets that
seem to play with it, so far, are the ones to whom it originally belonged.
They get into it one or two at a time and roll around a bit, fun to watch.

Incidentally, a couple of adoptive families told me that this same Petland
was selling Canadian ferrets that would get to be 15 to 30 pounds.  I
dashed out to the store, braved the holiday parking lots, and, in dirty
sweats and messy hair, demanded to see the manager and these huge ferrets.
Turns out some employee had pulled a picture off the net of a huge ferret
and was using this bit of "information" to "educate" people who might then
buy a big baby ferret.  The manager assured me that this person "has been
let go" and that her staff has been "re-educated".  Does anyone have a
link to this picture of a giant ferret?

Bobbi McC, Shelter Directress and Benign Despot