From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 Nov 2000 02:39:32 EST
Hi there everyone,
I am brand new to FML.  I have done a few annonymous posts due to my
geographical location, then I realized there are MANY MANY areas where
ferret ownership is illegal.  So I figured..why not sign my first name and
keep the rest a secret!!  All I have to say is they need to abolish the
stupid NO FERRET laws all over and go get the real crime breakers!!  I am
a new ferret owner and will ALWAYS own them now.

I love my little girls, they are so fun.  I have to say that my choice to
vaccinate them for distemper took some serious thought.  I have seen so
many sad stories and was paranoid, but I did their shots today because of
the high risk enviroment my family and I are in.  We breed and show dogs
and are always around other owners and their dogs.  And at the shows, we
are in contact with many new pups that have not had all their shots and I
could not risk picking up the virus and bringing it to my girls.  Plus I
live in a rural area that MANY MANY strays roam nightly.  Who knows what
they could have.  I am a former vet tech, I have always done all of my pets
vaccinations, so under the supervision and support of my ferret vet I gave
my girls the FerVac-D and they did fabulous.  I will have my youngest fuzzy
spayed in early December, I am not de-scenting.

She is 3 months and my other is 7 months, the older was already spayed and
de-scented.  They are such a great joy to own and love.

My husband at first was not thrilled with the idea, but now says after
looking at my ferret magazines and seeing the size of some boys, that he
wants a big block head male for himself.  LOL he is too funny.  I am in no
hurry to add to the clan yet.  My girls are very new to me still.  But I am
sure someday I will get my husband his own big boy.  My breeder is on this
list and I would like to thank her again for my wonderful ladies Baby and
Lil Bit :o)  You have made my millenium by sending me these beauties!!!

Well I have rattled on and on about really nothing.  I hope everyone is
having a great time with their fuzzies and I am wishing everyone great
health and good wishes for their ferts.

My new saying is "HOOKED ON FERRETS" not phonics :oP

Suzette M.