From:
Kim Burkard <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 Jun 1999 11:08:59 -0400
>dr. schiff of wise owl used to be, and allied does not answer their phone,
>so WHO is an after hours vet for ferrets in the detroit area?

If nobody offers a specific name for you, I would suggest checking your
phone book for animal hospitals/vets that provide after hours service.
If cities like Rochester, NY have emergency animal hospitals that provide
service after hours, I'm sure larger cities like Detroit must certainly
have the same or similar services available.  Call them and find out more
information.  Three in the morning isn't the time to do that calling!  ;)

Ferret Tarot:

Let's see...

The Fool - a weasel in full wardance splendor
The Magician - a mage in his workshop. Ferret dancing on his workbench.
        You know this guy is a mage because be has clean corners in his
        workshop and the ferret hasn't done the "what's at the bottom
        of this glass?" trick to any of the potions on the workbench
The High Priestess - an old wise woman surrounded by all manner of
        creature including the ferret
The Empress - A regal queen with a ferret peeking out from under
        her skirts and a ferret on her shoulder
The Emperor - A warrior king standing battle ready with wardancing
        weasels hopping around his feet
Hierophant - St. Francis feeding a ferret
The Lovers - that pic of BIG's Yin and Yang ferrets from the last issue
        of MF
The Chariot - pulled by two ferrets heading in opposite directions
Strength - a ferret doing what comes natural, dragging off things to
        their hidey holes that are 4 times as big as the ferret itself
The Hermit - a lone ferret curled up in his hidey hole with his ill-gotten
        hoarde
The Wheel of Fortune - A mouse running in a wheel being watched by
        a ferret located at each of the cardinal points
Justice - Blind Justice with sword and scales in hand - although
        this Justice peeks at the ferrets playing in her scales
The Hanged Man - A poor hapless man would decided to take his four ferrets
        for a walk and is hopelessly tangled with the leashes
Death - Some ferrets runing and wardancing across a rainbow
Temperance - A picture of a ferret wardancing over his speedbump friend
The Devil - a jill nipping the devil's left foot, a hop nipping the
        right. (See the devil hopping around with an "ouch! hey quit
        that!" expression on his face
The Tower - a tower that consists of a litter box on a high platform
        with storm clouds and lightning all about. A ferret is in the
        litterbox and is digging it out - litter showers down!
The Star - a starlight sky scene over a standing ferret. Look closely
        for the constellation of the Great Sky Ermine (Ursa Major)
The Moon - A moonlit scene of a ferret outside digging in the dirt
The Sun - A sunny scene of a ferret outside digging in the dirt
Judgement - a woman holding a ferret who isn't looking at her while
        she points at a litterbox
The World - A child sitting on the floor laughing as a hoarde of weasels
        dance around him

-kim, squirt (mommy, I'm tired.), pippi (E-ARGH! The sucky monster!),
 atlas (chaos weasel), jinx (baby jinx), and rosie (rosierilla - size
 doesn't matter!)

Kimberly Burkard     |             _    Everything I needed to know in life,
Eastman Kodak Company|      _____C .._. I learned from my ferret:
Rochester, New York  | ____/     \___/  Frolic and dance for joy often, have
[log in to unmask]    |<____/\_---\_\    no fear or worries, and enjoy life.