From:
Chris Christen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Dec 1996 16:49:06 -0800
Thanks to all of you who have responded to me on this issue, especially to
those of you who actually called or wrote the Alley Cat Pet Store.  I wanted
to give you some feedback on what's taken place.

I reported the incident to the Oregon Ferret Association and filed a
complaint with the Clark County Animal Protection and Control office.  I
won't hear back until Monday from the latter agency.

I also received a good suggestion from one of you to contact APHIS.  So I
did, and I received a phone call back the same day.  The gentleman was the
webmaster for their homepage, but he told me that he would definitely
forward the info on to their investigators.  This may be one of the best
hopes.

One of you called, and Mr. Zimmer (the owner), rudely hung up.  So
apparently, he's getting the message.  The very sad news is that both the
OFA and the Clark County Animal P&C have had to deal with Zimmer before.  In
fact, the response from the CCAP&C was "Oh yah, we get calls on this guy all
the time." I asked, "so what does it take to get his license to sell
revoked?!  But I have to wait until I speak with one of their officers to
find this out.

I plan on dropping some information off at the pet store tomorrow for Mr.
Zimmer (including a FAQ on training ferrets).  I don't know how well I'll be
received.

Again thanks for the support, and I'll continue to update with any results.

J. 'Chris' Christen  .  Jenkon International, Inc.  .
http:\\www.jenkon.com  .  360-256-4400x1264