From:
richard r stephens <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Nov 2003 23:13:50 -0800
dooks all

even though we all know ferrets give more love than they get.  it always
amazes me.  since my kids travel with me they know when i have good and
bad days.  unfortunately they've learned a little bad language.  when I'm
driving they will come up just to say hi and see how I'm doing.  I'll
feel a wet nose on my ankle or they'll stand up with their feet on my
hip.  i originally thought it was to ask for a treat ( some times it is
).  I'll pick them up to hold them they reach up to nose or lip kiss,
snuggle for a few minutes look around and out the window then clime down
and entertain them selves for a while.  a while later they'll check on me
again.  the other day was a bad one i was upset at the way some humans
drive.  i felt my barny touching my leg.  almost as soon as i picked him
up the anger started to ease off.  he kissed looked around and snuggled
under my chin and stayed their until i had calmed down kissed me again
and climbed down and went back to sleep.  shortly after that i stopped at
a rest area picked up barny thanked him for helping me and gave him the
treat reserved for being very extra special.  (a 1/4 inch piece of red
vine).  ferrets are wonderful people !!!!!!

rich & the fuzzy sapiens barny & sandy missing pogo & samantha